Self-confidence is extremely important in almost every aspect of our lives. Your level of self-confidence can show in many ways: your behavior, your body language, how you speak, what you say and so on. The following are common behaviors associated with self-confidence.
1. Doing what you believe to be right, even if others mock or criticize you for it.
2. Being willing to take risks and go the extra mile to achieve better things.
3. Admitting your mistakes and learning from them.
4. Waiting for others to congratulate you on your accomplishments.
5. Accepting compliments graciously. “Thanks, I really worked hard on that. I’m please you recognize my efforts.”
So how do build this sense of balance self-confidence? The first step involves getting yourself ready for your journey towards self-confidence. You need to take stock of where you are, think about where you want to go, get yourself in the right mindset for your journey and commit yourself to starting and staying with it. Here are some things you can do to prepare for your journey in an inspiring and positive way!
Look at what you’ve already achieved – Think about your life so far, and list the best things you’ve achieved.
Think about and focus on your strengths – Take a look at who and where you are. Look at your achievement list and reflect on your recent life, think about what your friends consider to be your strengths.
Think about whats important to you and where you want to go – Setting and achieving goals is a key part of this, and real self confidence comes from this.
Start managing your mind – Learn to pick up and defeat negative self talk which can destroy your confidence.
Commit to your success – The final part of the journey is make clear unequivocal promises to yourself that you are absolutely committed to your journey, and that you will do everything in your power to achieve it!
Source: Integrative nutrition by: Joshua Rosenthal / Mind Tools